2009-12-20

I need a swift kick in the patootie!


I miss writing. I am reading but not writing. I miss it and I do not know why as I kicked major butt las month for nanowrimo! Maybe I burned out? But I don't think so because I have many stories to tell I am just not writing or putting pen to paper.

I think my problem is I have a fear that my stuff is no good, which is just wrong on my part. I am even slacking on the blogging which is my second love. I think I need to just write like I am doing now and stop sweating the small stuff.

I also moved my laptop to a different location and I think this is another reason for the slacking. It is in my room versus my living room at my computer desk.

The long and short of it is I need to get back on the saddle and write. I am most happy when I am putting my thoughts out there for the world to see and keeping them bottled up only gives me a headache.

So some short term goals for the rest of 2009? Start the writing again everyday whether it is the blog or my story in progress. I have the ideas now it is time to start cooking with them. No more excuses. I am ready to see my writing published. Seriously. I've got one short story done and I am in the middle of editing, and as I stated earlier another in progress. I can do this.

And since I apparently am not the only one who feels this way I saw this post after I wrote the above and had to seriously smile! I follow "A Newbie's Guide to Publishing" and this list is why:

Newbie Writer Resolutions
  • I will start/finish the damn book
  • I will always have at least three stories on submission, while working on a fourth
  • I will attend at least one writer's conference, and introduce myself to agents, editors, and other writers
  • I will subscribe to the magazines I submit to
  • I will join a critique group. If one doesn't exist, I will start one at the local bookstore or library
  • I will finish every story I start
  • I will listen to criticism
  • I will create/update my website
  • I will master the query process and search for an agent
  • I'll quit procrastinating in the form of research, outlines, synopses, taking classes, reading how-to books, talking about writing, and actually write something
  • I will refuse to get discouraged, because I know JA Konrath wrote 9 novels, received almost 500 rejections, and penned over 1 million words before he sold a thing--and I'm a lot more talented than that guy
It seriously tickled me because most of the others are ones I do struggle with! This list was compiled in 2006 and as 2010 approaches I see that these things apparently never change! So to say I am inspired is not a small thing! This blog post and list is just what I needed to get that swift kick in the butt! =D

4 comments:

sweetromance on December 22, 2009 at 6:28 AM said...

Everybody needs a swift kick once in a while right? Great list, I couldn't help but giggle. You're right, it never changes.

DeidraK on December 28, 2009 at 10:21 PM said...

The last one tickled me silly. Gone girl and do it then! Hi-five!

Home shopping on January 3, 2010 at 2:23 AM said...

I also moved my laptop to a different location and I think this is another reason for the slacking. It is in my room versus my living room at my computer desk.

prashant on January 16, 2010 at 3:49 PM said...

is it possible to disable the timestamp on formspring? Like when it says how long ago you've answered a question

lingerie parties

 

Zesty Nachos Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon | SEO by: Templates Block