2009-11-15

Day 14 NaNoWriMo Update


I am proud to say that I am at the halfway mark with my novel. I am at a little over 25k words. I am excited because this is the most writing I've done on a single project and it feels good!

There were a couple of days there were I wrote but my word counts for the days were less than 200 words. I could have been disappointed, but I realized that from day 1 I was always over a bit by my daily goal of 1667 words so writing the small amount did not hurt me. It also made me realized that no matter what I was still writing.

That has been my biggest hurdle. I never complete a writing project because I let things like life intrude. So far I am realizing I can do this writing gig, if I put it in my head to write. I am also finding it easy to bust out anywhere from 7 to 9 pages a day. Before that would have been a serious struggle.

They say it takes 3 weeks, 21 days to form a habit. This is one habit I want to keep. Seriously. I enjoy writing, and this has been a dream of mine since 1989 when I graduated high school. Well one marriage, one divorce, 2 kids later I am finally realizing my dream and it is all thanks to National Novel Writing Monthly!

5 comments:

Enid Wilson on November 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I hope to read your book in print soon. Keep up!

Bargain with the Devil

Sweetromance2 on November 17, 2009 at 11:23 AM said...

Congratulations on keeping up with your goals.

Cynical Musings of a Military Wife on November 17, 2009 at 12:23 PM said...

Okay, you've seriously motivated me. My second book has been sitting there untouched (I'm about half-way through) as I'm bogged down w/ blogs, and non-fiction articles, etc....but you're working hard despite a full-time job!
Great job!
Jennie

french bed on November 17, 2009 at 9:11 PM said...

You have to go under edit profile which is a link at the top of the page. Then when the page comes up go to "Author Info" and in the last section there's the Novel Info area and there should be a place to type in your word count.

PCB on November 18, 2009 at 11:32 AM said...

You have to go under edit profile which is a link at the top of the page. Then when the page comes up go to "Author Info" and in the last section there's the Novel Info area and there should be a place to type in your word count.

 

Zesty Nachos Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon | SEO by: Templates Block