2009-11-25

Day 25 NaNoWriMo update – Book excerpt

Hi all! Thanks to those who still manage stumble onto my blog! I have been so busy with getting this novel written and done by 11/30/09! I am behind in my other projects like book reviews, but I am chugging along quite nicely with this! I am about 10k away from goal! So with that said I decided to add an excerpt here for ya’ll to read! I could set it up, but I decided not too. Please enjoy! And comments are welcome! (FYI-this is a first draft w/out editing lol.)

“And then what? Do you honestly think that they will help us?”
I looked to who spoke and saw that it was a young human male. I saw red, just because I was a bit pissy. I probably needed some blood, but that would not help if I vamped out on the humans. Sometimes having a demon inside sucked super hard!
“I have no idea if it will work, but quite frankly I do not give a shit! We need the help. And we need their tech. They are more advanced than both of people.”
I looked at him until he turned his head. Great I was showing dominance like a damn animal. I have not been this thirsty since I first woke. While the Nasarii needed the blood, they did not crave it like I did. They actually created a blood substitute in pill form with the help of the humans sympathetic to our plight, but with my demon essence well mine was a craving and a need.
Most days I can ignore the craving, but ever since we allowed the humans in our inner circle there were times I would go all predator. I did try the pill supplement, and while it helped it never really stopped the need. I know what I needed but I was reluctant. I needed a blood donor or more appropriate a blood slave. I could be sustained with a Nasarii, but what I really wanted was a human male. Siona knew what I was going through as I confessed it to her. I even told Jasen who of course was ready to let me suck from him, but I was not ready to go there yet.
I hated this weakness but I knew I could not go too long with out the real deal. I think it was the predator in me.

4 comments:

PCB on December 1, 2009 at 3:06 AM said...

Place quotations longer than four typed lines in a free-standing block of text, and omit quotation marks. Start the quotation on a new line, with the entire quote indented one inch from the left margin; maintain double-spacing.

PCB on December 1, 2009 at 3:07 AM said...

Only indent the first line of the quotation by a half inch if you are citing multiple paragraphs. Your parenthetical citation should come after the closing punctuation mark.

Enid Wilson on December 6, 2009 at 6:11 PM said...

Congratulations for sticking with NaNoWriMo. I was watching 100 Years of Mills and Bloom and some of the authors wrote 200 books in 20 years and sold 70 million of them so far. Amazing figures, if we can keep our creative juice going. You go girl!

Steamy Darcy

prashant on January 16, 2010 at 3:51 PM said...

Start the quotation on a new line, with the entire quote indented one inch from the left margin; maintain double-spacing.

lingerie parties

 

Zesty Nachos Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon | SEO by: Templates Block