2009-09-25

Book review: Green by Ted Dekker


Green by Ted Dekker is a fantasy thriller that is immersed in biblical lore with a heavy dose of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings and C.S. Lewis’s Narnia Series. It starts in the future and ends in the past. And it quite takes your breath away with the sheer imagery created.

I am a new reader to this series. I almost didn’t choose to read the book, because I saw there were three books before it, but based on the blurb about it being book 0 and that I as a new reader should be ok as this technically was the “first” book is what made me agree to review it.

From the very beginning I was hooked, yet a bit lost, because you can tell that there was more story here. I can appreciate the fact that everything was explained from the other three books but this only whetted my appetite for more.

The story has elements of Bible lore. There is a Judas (the betrayer), people “baptizing” (called “drowning in the book) to literally wash away their “sins”, and Thomas the main character could have been the new Moses.

It is fantastical and suspenseful. The story goes from the future to the past and back again in a seamless tale. It is also an epic fantasy that has its cast of characters going on The Journey with loss and enlightenment along the way that has you as a reader cheering the good guys on and booing the bad guys.

The plot is truly a work of genius and the ending just whets my appetite for the rest of the series. I am not going to give anything away or this would be a much longer review!

Bottom line, this book gets a 5. I read it in two days as I just could not put it down. It is a sweeping epic journey that takes the reader on a ride of a lifetime. Imagine a world where good and evil are not just words, but literally seen as truth. Don’t let this one pass you by!
For more info:
Be sure to check out Ted Dekker's Green Website for Downloads, Videos and More!

0 comments:

 

Zesty Nachos Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon | SEO by: Templates Block