2009-10-02

Holy Smokes Batman, My first Blog Award - A Great Read Award!-Update


I am humbled by my first award. I won't lie, I've always wanted one, so I worked hard to create an award worthy blog. I campaigned long into the nights to bring you, John Q Public, an outstanding blog. Did I succeed? I think so.

Ok joking aside, this is seriously a surprise for me! I feel like thanking the academy, but I am afraid Kanye will tell me his blog is the best of all time! Ok I need to stop (I smiled as I wrote that).

So I want to thank my blogging friend Autumn for this cool award. Now the recipient of this award (that would be me, just in case you forgot!) must do a top 10 list. Great now I gotta think hard.

So here is my top ten list.

10 Karaoke Songs I rock ever so hard!

1. All That Jazz - This is a result of growin' up listening to musicals. Love to pull this song out. It is a crowd pleaser and I have soo much fun with it!

2. Hands in my pocket by Alanis M.- I love this song. Flicking a cigarette (that's my dulcet tones, thank you very much!)

3. Underneath it all by No Doubt - My girl Gwen sings this song well, but I do it better, lol, ok big head much? I even do the reggae rap part accent included.

4. Mercy by Duffy - This is such a fun song, with an old school flare!

5. Strawberry Wine by Deana Carter - Because everyone sings country music. My friend says I add a little soul to it.

6. At Last by Etta James - This song is so lovely! I try to sing it every time I go out.

7. Some Kind of Wonderful by Kelly Clarkson - Usually this girl is hard for me to sing, but this song I tried to sing at my friends wedding. The system didn't work so I sang it to her in karaoke. This is another crowd pleaser.

8. Blue by Leann Rimes - Another country song. I just had to try it. I sound so awesome. Ok people telling me this in a bar may not be validation, but I'll take it!

9. No One by Alicia Keys - Because everybody sings Alicia!

10. Uninvited by Alanis Morrisette - I first heard this song on the City of Angels soundtrack and I was instantly hooked with the haunting music and powerful lyrics. I love singing this song, and all the admiring stares. Well they are a bit glazed, but maybe that's tears.

Ok now I am supposed to forward this to 10 people, but I don't have 10 blogs I regularly interact, but would love to! So I will forward to two people. Makes my life easier, though I do hope to have prominent interaction with more of you. That is a hint to get your butts in gear!

**Hi all! Because I was drinking some good wine last night I forgot one other important Bloggy friend! So yeah I will blame it on the alcohol!

Enid Wilson is one of the first frequent commentators on my blog. She is also a writer wh0 I have had the pleasure of reviewing two of her books. She is a huge fan of all things Pride and Prejudice and a Mr. Darcy, and has created some interesting reads. Her blog is cool too!

Pinky's Rant is my best friend in life and she is so funny and straight bitchy in her blog! She tells it like it is and that is how it should be!

Jenna Byrnes I reviewed a book of hers, and she latched onto my blog. She leaves comments and I in turn have left her comments on her own blog. She is funny, writes some dang good books and her blog is cool!

7 comments:

Enid Wilson on October 3, 2009 at 2:31 AM said...

Congratulations of winning the award! You deserve it. And I love karaoke too, but only for romantic and sad songs.

Steamy Darcy

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Netta! You do deserve the blog award! And whether I do or not, I've got it now....mua ha ha!

*G*

~ Jenna

Stacie on October 3, 2009 at 9:23 AM said...

Congrats on your award!

Tracy on October 3, 2009 at 12:25 PM said...

Congratulations on your award

nettagyrl on October 4, 2009 at 3:09 PM said...

Ahh Enid, I can not believe I forgot you! =D And Karaoke is so much fun!

nettagyrl on October 4, 2009 at 3:10 PM said...

Ah Jenna you deserve it! It is a nice feeling to receive and a nicer one to pass it on!

nettagyrl on October 4, 2009 at 3:10 PM said...

Thank you so much Stacie and Tracy!

 

Zesty Nachos Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon | SEO by: Templates Block