2009-10-04

Love being a Girl! My top 10 Romantic Movies


Just saw 27 Dresses for the first time tonight, and I am glad I did. It is a romantic comedy with a feel good ending. I will admit I cried a bit at the end. After watching the movie I started thinking of some of my favorite movies I own or I’ve seen that have made a good impression on me and make me glad that I have girl parts!

So here is a top ten list of some girly romantic or romantic comedies I adore in no particular order!

1. Valley Girl. I can not stop watching this movie with the hunky Nicolas Cage and that one chick (Deborah Foreman) who did My Chauffeur. Yes I am a nerd who knows her 80’s movies.

2. Love Actually. Oh. My. God. This movie has an ensemble cast and during Christmas in England, they all go through their own Trials and Tribulations. There is a little black girl in there who sings Mariah Carey’s “All I want for Christmas” that just touches the heart.

3. Strictly Ballroom. I saw this movie after trying to find a dvd and saw this as the last one in the store. I picked it up and was glad I did. I found my love of Ballroom dancing because of this movie. Meaning I see it on tv, thank you very much.

4. The Wedding Date. Dermont Mulroney. That’s it. He is hotness personified in this movie.

5. Sweet Home Alabama. I love Resse Witherspoon in this movie. I know the ending but will watch it again and again.

6. The Wedding Planner. Jennifer Lopez and Matthew McConaughey are just wonderful in this movie.

7. The Princess Diaries. Ahh this is such a sweet movie.

8. Wedding Crashers. Because though this one is coming from the male point of view I laugh ever so hard each time I watch it.

9. Xanadu. Ok there is love. There is comedy. Have you seen the outfits? I laugh every time I see it!

10. Hope Floats. Because I had to have a Sandra Bullock movie on this list! This one is one of my favorites!

So what romantic or romantic comedies just do it for you?

7 comments:

ando on October 5, 2009 at 2:14 AM said...

very beautiful, i imagine my girl like that..

Anonymous said...

EEK! I've only seen a couple of those movies. I like Sandy but didn't care for Hope Floats.... sigh. The Proposal was funny, though.

Nice list!

~ Jenna

Unknown on October 5, 2009 at 8:27 AM said...

Hey..A very lovely post..my first time..here... Got your blog through link referral.. I am following u.. great write up with good template..please visit mine too... And pour in your comments..

Stacie on October 5, 2009 at 11:15 AM said...

I haven't seen 27 dresses yet. I want to though. I haven't seen Valley Girl in a long time.

nettagyrl on October 6, 2009 at 6:14 PM said...

Jenna Thank you! This list was hard to come up with. lol

nettagyrl on October 6, 2009 at 6:15 PM said...

Shankar thanks for stopping by!

nettagyrl on October 6, 2009 at 6:16 PM said...

Stacie, watch it. It is a such a surprise!

 

Zesty Nachos Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon | SEO by: Templates Block