2009-10-09

President Obama: Nobel Peace Prize means No peace in America


Disclaimer: Sometimes I read stuff and I shake my head at what people really think. You will probably read this and shake your head and say why? Well I felt compelled to give an opinion.


I just received in my email a news alert about Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize and my first thought was, ok who is going to hate on him first? I am an American, and I am usually proud to be one. But is it me or do a lot of Americans actually hate anything the presidents says or does? Already read a few posts about how accepting this prize “will hurt” him.

Here is the thing. He did not ask, he was nominated and he accepted it as good will. What is wrong with that? Seriously what is wrong? It basically was awarded for his vision, which seems will never bear fruit if some of my fellow Americans have their say.

I already know worldwide this will be looked on as a good thing as well as a bad thing. I get that. But it would be nice if more people looked at this as a win for us as Americans, not a gain for Obama’s detractors to say more things against him. My pride leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

I am in no way a politician, nor would I presume to even have the knowledge to go up against someone who is deeply into it, but as an average citizen I am simply fed-up. I am not expecting miracles overnight. The man is in office for the next four years. Our problems didn’t escalate overnight but years of mismanagement got us to where we are.

I am writing this post in disgust of some my fellow Americans. With all the in-fighting and hopes and excitement of Obama failing, how can he expect to get anything done with so many idiots running around spouting off why everything he says is wrong? Seriously? Tell me how?

I read a post where in the comments a “republican” was upset that his tax dollars was spent on the Obama’s flying off to the Olympic committee to beg for Chicago to be the host for the next summer Olympics. And I thought, that is your only concern? Really?

And oh my were people happy when he lost the bid. All the money that could have generated for us all, shouldn’t we all have been upset about the good of having the Olympics here and the potential money lost? I think we lost out as a host country because not only is the Olympics about sports, but sportsmanship and the conduct of it athletes being above reproach and how can we host when our own conduct sucks?

So now this latest “good” thing is apparently not a good thing, according to one reporter.

Here is my question: What will it take for people to step back and realize that as a whole, Americans are acting like petulant children who can’t have their way? Will another tragedy cement us as allies? Because that seems to be the ONLY time ALL Americans can come together in peace and harmony.
Thanks for reading and I promise I will be funny another time.

8 comments:

Nikki B. on October 9, 2009 at 6:55 PM said...

AMEN!! i don't even pray...but, A-friggin'-MEN!!

i'm sick of it already. it's ridiculous. speaking of ridiculous...when i mentioned on facebook that i was disappointed that my children would not be hearing O's education speech in school, as it was intended...one of my "friends" (a term i use very loosely) told me it was ridiculous that i'd want my kids to listen to O!!

i don't know you well enough to curse on your blog...but, BLEEPITY BLEEP BLEEP!!!

he's the POTUS! WE put him there. deal with it people!!

Stacie on October 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM said...

I agree with you 100%.

nettagyrl on October 9, 2009 at 9:33 PM said...

Nikki B. Thank you girl. I am fed the eff up with people. When Bush was in office, hell I thought his choices were dumb, but I never once not felt less than an American. This campaign of hatred is opening my eyes to an ugliness I thought I never see. Am I naive? No I guess I never paid attention to it, but now it is there.

Oh if you need to express yourself, by all means curse it out! lol

nettagyrl on October 9, 2009 at 9:33 PM said...

Thanks Stacie!

LetasPlace on October 10, 2009 at 11:28 AM said...

It was a good thing to do for the American people. I believe Obama reaped where others sowed. And that my friend is only one of the ways of God.

Chris on October 10, 2009 at 4:46 PM said...

The reality is that there are a ton of people who are going to criticize ANYTHING Obama does. If he'd declined the Nobel (which would have been absurd) those same people would've said, "Who does he think he is, shunning a Nobel Peace Prize?" They might not have used the WORD "uppity" but it would've been in the subtext.

The best advice is to just ignore those idiots.

nettagyrl on October 13, 2009 at 1:06 PM said...

Thank you Leta for stopping by! It is a great thing. Oh well.

nettagyrl on October 13, 2009 at 1:07 PM said...

Knucklehead you are completly right. No matter what, he can't do right by some people! Thanks for stopping by.

 

Zesty Nachos Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon | SEO by: Templates Block