2009-10-05

Wibiya toolbar on the bottom: Why is it so much cooler?

That is what I thought when I first started seeing the Wibiya toolbar on other blogs. You know the pink one at the bottom of this blog? If you can’t see it, it is because I assume you don’t use Firefox as your internet browser. By the way, I look good in Firefox.

I searched high and low and spent countless hours researching. I could have asked other blog owners, but I didn’t. I wanted to be part of the cool kids, and you know how it is when you ask, they may or may not let you in!

So I found it. It is in Beta mode, so they sent out invitations first. Well I didn’t let that stop me! When you click on the link it will take you to their front page and all you need to do is click on the green get it now button and it takes you to the page to request the bar.

On this page you’re just going to put in your email address, name and your site URL to ask for an invitation. It took only two days of sitting by my email before my cool kid status was assured! Oh yeah, it is totally FREE!

Here is a blurb from the company:

“Wibiya enables blogs to integrate the most exciting services, applications and widgets of their choice into their blog through customized web-based toolbars. Our platform offers a one-stop solution for integrating, managing and tracking third-party applications.

Currently we offer a fixed set of tools such as creating a blog community via Facebook connect, enabling twitter alerts on your blog and enabling post navigation but there is a lot to wait for as we will be adding more and more application through time.”

It really is an interactive toolbar. Play with mine (lol) and you can see for yourself. It is totally customizable to match the color scheme of your blog and bottom line it really is just a bitchen’ tool to have!

11 comments:

Cruise Addict on October 6, 2009 at 3:58 AM said...

That is pretty cool. Hmmm just what I need another widget, lol. 2 day wait huh? Well I wanna be one of the cool kids too. Good job on your blog BTW

Laura on October 6, 2009 at 5:15 AM said...

Thanks for the info Im definately going to check it out..its I am using explorer and I can see a toolbar on the bottom of your page..so i guess it works for them too..I will do a littl investigating myself..thanks again!

Laura
mybde.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I wondered what that crazy toolbar was, LOL

I'm afraid I gave up Twitter and Facebook in an effort to streamline my online responsibilities. I don't have time for everything, and writing has to come first.

Can I still hang around the door of the cool kids room? *G*

~ Jenna

Alice Audrey on October 6, 2009 at 12:28 PM said...

You succeeded. You're one of the cool kids now. Thanks for giving me a chance to be one too.

nettagyrl on October 6, 2009 at 6:16 PM said...

Man overboard, lol yeah being part of the cool kids is fun! Thanks for stopping by!

nettagyrl on October 6, 2009 at 6:17 PM said...

Laura thanks for stopping by! I have internet explorer at work can not see it. lol

nettagyrl on October 6, 2009 at 6:18 PM said...

Jenna quite ok to be a hanger on! lol Ya'll are needed to fetch stuff. Hey I need the discipline to write more. lol

nettagyrl on October 6, 2009 at 6:19 PM said...

Alice Audrey welcome to the cool kids table. lol Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

bambie on October 6, 2009 at 11:17 PM said...

the toolbar is pretty cool and i was actually thinking where other bloggers got. well, not after i read your post and learned where you got it. thanks for sharing!:)

The Redhead Riter on October 21, 2009 at 10:01 PM said...

THANK YOU! I don't think you were spamming. I appreciate the answer! I didn't even know what to type in the google page to look it up. I don't care about being in the "cool" crowd because I haven't ever been in it. That is why I just straight up asked you...HOWWWWWWWW? LOL

Thanks again. I have to go read it now. :o)

nettagyrl on October 21, 2009 at 11:27 PM said...

hahaha! Well I was glad I was able to help! =D

 

Zesty Nachos Copyright © 2009 Girlymagz is Designed by Bie Girl Vector by Ipietoon | SEO by: Templates Block